This is how the consignment works - the rules have barely budged in nearly 35 years.
- Winter appointments are daily, hourly from mid-July through mid-December and may be booked starting in June.
- Summer appointments are booked from February 1 through June 1, and may be booked starting in January.
- June and January are also when our half price seasonal sale starts.
- We take up to 30 items per family per season, by appointment and we keep them for 60 days. Items must be recently purchased, recently outgrown, in wonderful condition, freshly laundered (clothes), or squeaky clean (high chairs, swings, cribs, strollers, bouncy seats, baby carriers) and meet current safety standards.
- There is a $4 fee per appointment that is deducted from earnings.
- We price consignments at about one half of their original cost, and 50% goes to the consignor account when the item sells (60% if an item sells for $100 or more).
- You can shop against your account during the two month period or take your money at the end of your two month period.
- You can reclaim unsold items at that time or allow us to extend their sale time but eventually donate the unsold items to local non-profits and charities, and even to national and international programs that benefit children (you can claim the deduction).
When customers tell us we have the best selection, we say it is because we have great consignors and we're picky!